mountain lion buildbot in the queue?

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Sun Jun 17 12:46:30 PDT 2012

On 17 juin 2012, at 21:24, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

> On 2012-6-18 04:37 , Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> Snow Leopard is also the last to support Rosetta. There are places where we are stuck with Rosetta (and buying used Macs) for a while :(
>
> Yeah, but you can make a similar argument about 10.5 being the last to
> support ppc, and 10.4 being the last to support Classic. It doesn't
> really translate into a sufficient reason to make MacPorts officially
> supported on those platforms.

The other problem is what platforms do the maintainers have access to. For example, I upgrade both my laptop and desktop when new versions come out; I still have access to 10.5 because the mail/ftp server in my office is a G5 MacPro, but as soon as 10.8 is out, I’ll wipe 10.7 (which is a botch BTW) off and so won’t be able to test neither on SL nor on Lion.

Vincent