Firewire SDK

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue Jun 19 18:10:17 PDT 2012

Hi:

I've been meaning to ask if it is possible to incorporate Firewire
support (via Apple's Firewire SDK) into my port.

http://adcdownload.apple.com/FireWire/firewire_sdk_26_for_mac_os_x_20416/firewiresdk26.dmg

Is there any way to make the AVCVideoServices.framework a dependency
in my port?  The SDK Readme.rtfd mentions:

>Restrictions
>
>This SDK is for developer use only.  It may not be redistributed by
>any means in whole or in part;  Customers should not be directed to
>install the SDK.

Myth's configure will enable Firewire support if it finds the
framework.  Will I have to direct folks to go to Apple Developer
Connection and download it?

Craig