Failed to open Portfile from registry

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Jun 26 10:54:02 PDT 2012

Hi,

my guess at this is that the old Portfile loaded from registry includes the
(now modified) perl5 port group, but MacPorts fails to execute the Portfile
because of an incompatible change in the group (I remember perl5.branches)
being removed from the group, maybe it's a missing variable).

Maybe the port group change should have gone into a new version of the
perl5 group, say 1.1.

I think we can ignore this for now, because afaik (correct me if I'm wrong)
parsing the old Portfile is only required to run post-remove hooks,
something probably no ports using the group define (TODO: verify this with
a quick grep).

--
Clemens
mobile