[MacPorts] #33446: sbcl 1.0.55 won't build on lion

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Mar 5 02:00:02 PST 2012

On 3/5/12 08:14 , MacPorts wrote:
> #33446: sbcl 1.0.55 won't build on lion
> ------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  Ephaeton@…        |       Owner:  easieste@…
>       Type:  defect            |      Status:  new
>
> Comment(by jinxiaoyong@…):
>
>   The default compiler breaks the compilation.  Adding
>
>   {{{
>   configure.compiler llvm-gcc-4.2
>   }}}
>
>   to the Portfile solves the problem.

Please review [the instructions for nominating the compiler used by
macports][1], as the recommended way to do this would be to use the
gcc_select port.  If that doesn't work, the lang/sbcl/Portfile is broken
somehow.  I have very slow Lion machines (laptops with HDs), so testing
is painful for me wrt time.

In the meantime, I have [added a variant 'use-llvm-gcc-4.2'][r90432]
that includes the step suggested by jinxiaoyong@….

[1]: http://trac.macports.org/wiki/UsingTheRightCompiler

[r90432]: http://trac.macports.org/changeset/90432

is nothing to compare to it now."