example config files: destroot or activate?

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Tue Mar 6 10:27:08 PST 2012

> Yes, use post-activate to achieve what you want.
>
> If the file is "installed" by MacPorts, meaning "port contents name" lists the file, then the file will be removed on deactivate.

This is what I feared: before the buildbot and images-and-archives merged in, we detected when to install files in post-destroot. These all need moved to post-activate now.

Only users who edited the default files were impacted, but now anyone who has a config file and installs from an archive is also at risk (buildbot built an archive without dirty config files laying around).