Xcode 4.3.1 is out

Mike Savory msavory1 at nzbox.com
Fri Mar 9 10:14:51 PST 2012

For the record I just did an upgrade of an existing 10.7.3 with Xcode 4.2. The installer presents you with buttons to delete the existing install under /Developer and the old "Install Xcode.app".

I still had to go to the preferences and manually install the CLI tools, the xcode-select version was then 2307. but it still pointed back at /Developer so I needed to run the -switch command to change it manually.

After the upgrade I upgraded about 15 outdated ports (mostly xorg related) and recompiled an Xcode iOS app under the new 5.1 SDK with no problems.

Hope that helps.

Mike