SVN tree not updating

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Fri Mar 9 22:35:14 PST 2012

Hey! I'm Aljaž, the noob ;)
it looks like I'm having some difficulties setting up the svn tree, I decided to check out the entire trunk, so i created /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/ and checked out trunk in /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk.

Now i have Makefile,base,doc,doc-new,dports,www under the trunk directory.
If I run svn up in /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports, it refreshes correctly from svn.

I've modified /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf, adding
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/ [default]
and commenting away the rsync://

I've run port selfupdate multiple times. However, it won't update the dports tree. if I run port -d sync, i get the following output:
$ port -d sync
DEBUG: Synchronizing ports tree(s)
Synchronizing local ports tree from file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/
Creating port index in /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports

Total number of ports parsed:	0
Ports successfully parsed:	0
Ports failed:			0

So, where did I do wrong?