Problem with XviD and gimp-app installation on Lion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 11 12:38:12 PDT 2012

On Mar 7, 2012, at 20:39, Abe Taha wrote:

> I am having problems building the gimp-app port.

This has nothing to do with the thread "New committers: aronnax, g5pw, marin" to which you replied. When you have a new matter to bring to the mailing list, please compose a new message in your email program; don't reply to an unrelated message and change the subject, because changing the subject is not sufficient to unlink your message from the thread you're replying to.

Also, this is not a question about the development of MacPorts, so it doesn't belong on macports-dev. It's a question about how to use MacPorts, so it belongs on macports-users, or even better in the issue tracker. You've already reported it in the issue tracker, so thank you:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33538

If anyone has any idea how to solve it, I'm sure they'll respond there. But since there is no maintainer for XviD in MacPorts, you may have better luck talking directly to the developers of XviD.