Really slow distfiles.macports.org

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Mar 15 06:48:28 PDT 2012

On Mar 14, 2012, at 10:43 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> Speeds from distfiles.macports.org seem normal to me (300-600 kB/s, from
> the other side of the Pacific) both now and right after Blair's first email.

I'm seeing fast from Comcast MI (595k) and slow from NTT America (TX) today. Looks like the NTTA connection is AS 2914 -> 12182 -> 714

Comcast is 33668 -> 7922 -> 3356 -> 714

It would be interesting/informative to see traceroutes from people who are seeing problems vs people who aren't (maybe it's all traffic going 12182 -> 714? or maybe it's obviously something else?)

--
Daniel J. Luke