[90901] trunk/dports/multimedia/ffmpeg/Portfile

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Sat Mar 17 18:40:26 PDT 2012

On Mar 17, 2012, at 16:52, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2012, at 14:02, jeremyhu at macports.org wrote:
>
>> There was a bub in XCode 4.1's clang which forced this, but 4.1 is long dead.
>
> We still get bug reports filed from people using Xcode 4.0 and 4.1 sometimes. So if this port will not work with Xcode 4.0 and 4.1, please ensure that an error message is generated if that is the Xcode version the user is using.
>
> The xcodeversion portgroup was supposed to make adding such error messages easy to do, but all it does is let you specify a minimum acceptable Xcode version. For Lion you could use this, but for Snow Leopard, where presumably Xcode 3.2 is still OK to use, and 4.2 would be ok to use, but 4.0 and 4.1 are not, the portgroup does not model this situation. Perhaps I should enhance the portgroup first, then you can more easily add this error message.

Ok, give me a ping when you've updated the portgroup, and I'll update the Portfile.  I'm fairly certain that XCode 4.0 was fine, and I'm not even sure if the bug was in a shipped version of XCode or just the pre-release of 4.1.  It was a rather short-lived regression, but if it is in a version people are using, we should certainly warn them to upgrade.