Python 2.4

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 19 02:17:17 PDT 2012

On Mar 18, 2012, at 23:57, Dan Ports wrote:

> We probably ought to take a good look at ports depending on python
> 2.4/2.5/2.6 and see if there's a good reason they're not using 2.7.

I agree. If someone's looking for a project to undertake, this would be one. Identify ports using python < 2.7. Identify why. If no good reason, add python 2.7 support, preferably with variants, preferably with 2.7 being the default. Once no ports remain using only python 2.4, we can remove python 2.4 from MacPorts entirely. Ditto later for 2.5.