MythTV port?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Mar 23 07:35:36 PDT 2012

At 6:46 AM -0700 3/23/12, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>On Mar 22, 2012, at 6:10 PM, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>  > I'm going to *attempt* to be a maintainer--I'm very worried that
>I'm biting off far more than I can chew.
>
>If you are not familiar with MacPorts, start simple and build the
>port in phases.
>
>https://trac.macports.org/wiki/CommittersTipsAndTricks#TestingPortPhases
>http://guide.macports.org/#reference.phases
>
>You can work on anywhere convienent if you execute the port commands
>from within the directory.
>Create a directory somewhere named MythTV:
>$ mkdir ~/Desktop/MythTV
>$ cd ~/Desktop/MythTV
>$ touch Portfile
>
>Edit Portfile adding  items 1 thru 13 here:
>http://guide.macports.org/#development.introduction
>
>Then test the fetch phase:
>$ sudo port -v fetch
>
>Continue on to patch etc...

Thanks, I appreciate the pointers.  I take it that it is not
necessary to use SVN, at least to begin with?

BTW, your last comment is about patching--if that is necessary, this
is over!  ;)  But I know the code builds on OS X so I hope it is just
a case of getting the right configure flags, etc.

Craig