'select' for py-sphinx

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 07:56:19 PDT 2012

Hi,

In the same way as there is a 'select' command for python and ipython,
I was wondering whether we could add one for Sphinx commands?
Specifically:

sphinx-apidoc-2.7
sphinx-quickstart-2.7
sphinx-autogen-2.7
sphinx-build-2.7

The issue is that when I check out projects where I want to build the
docs, I don't want to have to edit the Makefile every time to change
sphinx-build to sphinx-build-2.7 (and setting aliases doesn't seem to
work). If that seems reasonable, could someone give me some advice on
how to create a sphinx_select port? In particular, how would I change
the following lines:

destroot {
    select::install ipython ${filespath}/base
    select::install ipython ${filespath}/none
}

to make it work for the four commands above? (I don't understand what
'base' and 'none' are)

Thanks!
Tom