[90899] trunk/dports/multimedia/ffmpeg-devel

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Thu Mar 29 22:26:16 PDT 2012

>> I digged into this because ffmpeg-devel (specifically its lavf
>> encoder) built with clang has issues remuxing aac files, while
>> building with apple-gcc-4.2 makes the encoding go through.
>> I noticed this when my convert script stopped working, switching back
>> to fmpeg-devel @20111104_2 fixed the issue. Now I'm running latest
>> port built configure.compiler=apple-gcc-4.2 and it works fine as well.
>> This is reproducible.
>
> Ok, then you could change this back in the portfile, and this time add a comment explaining why it's there. Also report the problem to the developers of ffmpeg so they can fix it. Jeremy seems to be on a hunt for ports that think they can't use clang, and trying to fix them to use clang.

I added more configurations to the darwin fate tinderbox (http://fate.ffmpeg.org).  It's now testing x86_64, i386, and even ppc.  Everything is green as far as I can tell.  llvm-gcc used to be bombing horrifically, but as of a couple days ago, it's starting to look good as well.  I'm going to bump the Portfile to the current git and drop the check for llvm-gcc.  If you have issues with the next version, please provide me with a reproducible test case which I can add to the fate suite.

Thanks,
Jeremy