[91355] trunk/dports/devel/libiodbc/Portfile

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Fri Mar 30 15:55:48 PDT 2012

> Does it need to fetch from git, or could it use the tarball?

I didn't notice how to convince it to use the tarball. I'll revisit as that should be entirely doable.

> I get this error either way:
>
> ../../iodbcinst/unicode.h:116: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'u_short'

Built fine for me. I assume you're using Snow Leopard with Xcode 3.2.6?

>> -livecheck.type      regex
>> -livecheck.url       http://www.iodbc.org/dataspace/iodbc/wiki/iODBC/Downloads
>> -livecheck.regex     Stable \\(v(\\d+(\\.\\d+)+)\\)
>> +pre-configure {
>> +    system -W ${worksrcpath} "sh ./bootstrap.sh"
>> +}
>
> This script seems to use autoconf, automake and libtool, so build dependencies on autoconf and automake are needed.

Drat, the libtool dependency on automake is a build_dep! Curse you `port dep` and not showing me that without the -v flag.

> libiodbc didn't used to need to be autoreconf'd to build successfully, universal or not. But I do see that this version does not include a configure script at all, so it seems we can't avoid this.

Right, it has a lot of hard-wired stuff for xcodebuild (in ${worksrcpath}/mac) if we want to let it go that way instead; we just lose a lot of control by going that route. They also don't have 10.7 rules defined in that, even though this release supports 10.7. Using the bootstrap has the most benefits between the two.