[90903] trunk/dports/databases

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 3 07:58:08 PDT 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 02:44, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> Can one of you please fix the mysql conflicts?  It's confusing enough with mysql5 and mysql51 installing the exact same version and mysql5-devel being older than mysql55.  We should at least make sure the conflicts are listed correctly.
>
> $ grep ^conflict {mysql,maria,percona}*/Portfile
> mysql4/Portfile:conflicts               mysql5 mysql5-devel mariadb percona
> mysql5-devel/Portfile:conflicts               mysql5 mysql4 mariadb
> mysql5/Portfile:conflicts               mysql5-devel mysql55 mysql4 mariadb
> mysql51/Portfile:conflicts           mysql5
> mariadb/Portfile:conflicts               mysql5-devel mysql5 mysql4
> percona/Portfile:conflicts               mysql4 mysql5 mysql5-devel mariadb
>
> Shouldn't the conflict more correctly be between mysql_select and {mysql{4,5{,-devel}},mariadb,perconadb}
>
> Additionally, it would be nice if you could comment in the obsolete ports that they are obsolete and will be removed (when?).  Are perconadb and mariadb going to be mysql_select-ified?
>
> All of this churn in the MySQL ports is quite confusing...

Sorry for the confusion. mysql5 will be replaced_by mysql51 and mysql5-devel will be replaced_by mysql55, when all ports currently depending on mysql5 have been updated to include variants allowing the user to select mysql51 or mysql55. I am not working on that transition and have handed the MySQL situation on to Bradley. I do not know what the current situation is regarding conflicts, but the intention is that none of the new mysql ports will conflict with one another.