[92743] trunk/dports/python

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 5 14:39:54 PDT 2012

On May 5, 2012, at 13:21, deric at macports.org wrote:

> +python.versions 25 26 27
> +python.default_version 25

python.default_version should be the newest support python 2x version, so in this case (and most cases) 27. It might be nice if the python portgroup were updated to automatically do that instead of having to set it in every port.

The only exception was if you were updating a py-* port that used to be for python24, in which case you would set python.default_version to 24 to help people upgrading. However, since we're on a push now to delete python24 and all py24 modules, I don't think we should follow that exception anymore.