py-mercurial

Daniel Ericsson deric at macports.org
Sun May 6 07:01:48 PDT 2012

On 6 maj 2012, at 15:01, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2012-5-6 22:30 , Daniel Ericsson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to move mercurial to allow for installation with any version of Python, that's supported and the user have chosen as their selected version.
>
> Just take the current portfile and add pythonXY variants that set
> python.default_version to XY.

Thanks, that's an easy enough step, I'll start there.

I didn't go into the fact that there are some ports depending on mercurial and I wanted to give those a target to depend on that included the python version. But with 24, 25 being on the way out and most ports defaulting to 27 it probably will be an issue that goes away. If Python 3 ever becomes preferable they can all switch to it for python.default_version at the same time.

$ port list depends_lib:mercurial
hg-forest                      @20101118       devel/hg-forest
py-mercurial_keyring           @0.5.0          python/py-mercurial_keyring
py24-hgsvn                     @0.1.9          python/py-hgsvn