py-mercurial

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon May 7 05:36:20 PDT 2012

On 05/06/12 22:33, Daniel Ericsson wrote:
> hg-forest isn't even compatible with mercurial 2.x, without a
> maintainer or a replacing port can we just remove it? or do we need a
> grace period as the guide says?

If the port is broken already for the last 6 months after mercurial was
upgraded to 2.0, I don't see a reason to keep it any further.
Apparently, nobody cared to file a ticket anyway.

> I do think the replaced_by is a bit heavy handed if it works like
> explained in the guide, swapping out peoples hgsvn install for
> hgsubversion on upgrade feels wrong even though hgsubversion might be
> a better approach. Is there a precedent for stopping new installs of
> a port but not swapping out peoples existing installs?

This could be implemented by increasing the revison and using ui_error
with explanation and instructions followed by a 'return -code error' in
the pre-fetch phase. Several ports do something like this to limit
installation to specific versions of Mac OS X.

Rainer