mariadb @5.5.23 build failure

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon May 7 10:24:55 PDT 2012

On May 7, 2012, at 9:38 AM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> I noticed that mariadb presently is at @5.2.9
> according to http://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/ there are 4 stable
> releases in 4 brances : @5.1.62 , @5.2.12 , @5.3.7 , @5.5.23
> thus the port hasn't been kept up-to-date since 2011-12-05
>
> now, what's the policy as to mariadb ?
> do we keep older stable versions *-or-* do we just keep the latest and
> greatest ?

Unless someone requests versioned mariadb or percona I vote they are updated to the highest release that we can build.

> on the assumption that mariadb @5.5.x and mysql55 are more or less the
> same, I generated a new Portfile for mariadb @5.5.23 based upon the
> mysql55 @5.5.23 Portfile.
>
> this seems to be a good basis, however, I get a build error :
> ld: library not found for -lmytap

I did the same thing a few weeks ago with similar results.

Looks like a missing dependency or a non-existent port.
Maybe there is something here:
http://theory.github.com/mytap/

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)