How to properly set variables in github group when xcodebuild should be run from subfolder?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:08:50 PDT 2012

Hello,

I've found this ticket:
    http://trac.macports.org/ticket/29093
with the following comment: "Note that you don't need to change
worksrcdir in your portfile. You could instead change configure.dir
and/or build.dir, for example."

I have just created a new git repository for aquaterm on
    https://github.com/AquaTerm/AquaTerm
with a minor problem that the file structure is
    <root>/aquaterm
    <root>/aquaterm/AquaTerm.xcodeproject
    <root>/adapters
instead of a much simpler case where xcodeproject lives in the root.
(I plan to move AquaTerm.xcodeproject to the top level dir, but I'm
not yet sure how to do that properly. I could probably make it work by
changing path= in project file and moving files deeper in hierarchy,
but I would prefer to do more experiments before screwing something
up, so it makes more sense to keep the xcodeproject one level deeper
in hierarchy for now.)

This means that "xcodebuild" and installation have to be run from
<root>/aquaterm (<root> seems to be <macports'
path>/aquaterm/AquaTerm-tempv1.1.1).

My question is: how exactly should I set all the variables in
Portfile/which variables do I need to set to make it all work properly
(I have no problem figuring out how to change names of configure.dir &
dozens of other variables, but I don't want to end up modifying ten
variables when I could get away with a single one.)

I need to modify adapter patching and installation at
http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/34346/aquaterm-v2.Portfile

Thank you,
    Mojca