[92935] trunk/dports/databases/postgresql91/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 11 11:51:59 PDT 2012

On May 11, 2012, at 13:37, vincent habchi wrote:

> Ryan, Bjarne,
>
> I have "backported" r92935 to PostGreSQL 9.0 in r92951.
> Besides, I have modified the postgis2 port to take the update into account in r92950.
>
> As I mentioned, this change is not relevant to 8.x series,

Sure it is. For example, /opt/local/lib/postgresql84/pgxs/src/Makefile.global definitely contains the -arch flags, and shouldn't.

> so I think the best to do is to leave these ports alone, since nobody ever reported anything close to #33907 using them.

I think the best thing to do is to keep ports for different versions of the same software as similar as possible. That means when you fix a bug in one of them you should fix the bug in all of them.

Anyway the bug isn't totally fixed for postgresql90/91 either yet: you've removed -arch flags from Makefile.global, but not from pg_config yet.