Bug with binary ports? (tar: +CONTENTS: Not found in archive)

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun May 13 11:54:55 PDT 2012

Hi Josh,

On May 13, 2012, at 3:40 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> Did you try to repro with 2.1 as I asked in the ticket?
I did by now.

I installed MacPorts from the 2.1.0 branch and receive now a slightly different error:
---
:notice:install --->  Installing ktoblzcheck @1.38_0
:debug:install Executing org.macports.install (ktoblzcheck)
:debug:install Using /usr/bin/tar
:debug:install Using /usr/bin/bzip2
:error:install org.macports.install for port ktoblzcheck returned: no destroot found at: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_ktoblzcheck/ktoblzcheck/work/destroot
:debug:install Error code: NONE
:debug:install Backtrace: no destroot found at: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_ktoblzcheck/ktoblzcheck/work/destroot
    while executing
"create_archive $location $portarchivetype"
    (procedure "portinstall::install_main" line 22)
    invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
---
port complains about a missing destroot…

That's interesting, isn't it? So, it looks as if the error message concerning +CONTENTS in 2.0.4 was somewhat misleading us…

How to proceed now?

Greets,
Marko