CPAN to Port

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 15 13:32:52 PDT 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 14:58, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> My adventure continues...I'm trying to follow the cpan2port how-to (https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/cpan2port) but it is not working for me.
>
> I tried to generate both the ports I need in one run but it must write one over top of the other.

No...

> Trying to install the resulting Port file (for Net::UPnP::ControlPoint) errored out:
>

> $ sudo port -d  build current

FYI "current" is the default so you can omit it.

sudo port build

> --->  Computing dependencies for p5-net-upnp
> DEBUG: Searching for dependency: p5.12-net-upnp
> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: p5.12-net-upnp
> Error: Dependency 'p5.12-net-upnp' not found.

Subports complicate things somewhat. (perl5 portgroup ports use subports.) Since this port is not yet in the index, you must either regenerate the index (by running "sudo portindex" at the top of your ports tree), or specify the subport name manually, i.e.:

sudo port build subport=p5.12-net-upnp