[enhancement] proposal - make all ports independent of which version of Perl is installed or the major one

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Tue May 15 15:09:32 PDT 2012

As already used in p5-dbd-mysql and proposed by me in
	https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34461
	https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34357
ports can be made independent of which version of Perl is installed or
the major one by

1) setting a portgroup:
   PortGroup           perl5 1.0
2) change all hard-coded instances of perl5.12 and p5.12 to
   perl${perl5.major} and p${perl5.major}

But as pointed out in #34461 by Ryan, there are tons of ports that are
hard-coded this way.

Now, I do fully understand, that it'll be a major undertaking to fix
this - if my proposal i accepted - but I'm willing to offer my
secretarial and programming skills to do this for all of the ports we have.

I can put my work up in a bitbucket - either the one I've already gotten
write permissions to by pixilla or a completely new one.

:-)
--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa