Fwd: Update fails at iso-codes

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Tue May 15 22:21:34 PDT 2012

Updating MacPorts I ran into an issues uninstalling iso-code. I tried to
uninstall manually to get a better log telling what dependency prevented it
from being uninstalled:

jaspersmbp:~ jasper$ sudo port uninstall iso-codes @3.34_0
Password:
an invalid entry was passed
    while executing
"$dependent name"
    (procedure "receipt_sqlite::list_dependents" line 18)
    invoked from within
"${macports::registry.format}::list_dependents $name $version $revision
$variants"
    (procedure "registry::list_dependents" line 3)
    invoked from within
"registry::list_dependents $pvals(name)"
    (procedure "portlist_sortdependents" line 7)
    invoked from within
"portlist_sortdependents $portlist"
     (procedure "action_uninstall" line 17)
    invoked from within
"$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"
    (procedure "process_cmd" line 95)
    invoked from within
"process_cmd $remaining_args"
    invoked from within
"if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {

    # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command
    set exit_status [process_cmd $remaining..."
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 4784)

As you see it did not work and the errors are rather difficult for me to
comprehend. Jeremy thought this would be something for MacPorts Dev

"Invalid entry, eh? Looks like something else for 2.1.1. Be in touch with
the dev list to debug it, this will help squish the bug :-)"

 and I think he might be right

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Jeremy Lavergne <jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org