Using python before it is selected?

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sat May 19 06:47:10 PDT 2012

> Sorry, I'm not following.  The first time my port is installing, it is using depends_lib to pull a bunch of py26-* modules.  But the "port select --set python python26" command hasn't happened so effectively, there is no python available when configure for my port starts running.  The software is there but select hasn't done its magic.
>
> Is there a clean way around that?  In my case, MythTV just disables the python bindings.  I could see users not noticing this while installing Myth and then noticing later that certain functions aren't available.  Rather annoying.

Does your configure not allow you to set a specific python, maybe with an ENV or replacing the shebang? If not, you can have MacPorts patch it throughout your configure ${files} before you run it.:

    foreach file ${files} {
        reinplace {s|/usr/bin/env python|${prefix}/bin/python2.7|} ${worksrcpath}/$file
        reinplace s|/usr/bin/python|${prefix}/bin/python2.7| ${worksrcpath}/$file
    }