[MacPorts] #34570: perl5.16 - new port

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Tue May 22 13:12:02 PDT 2012

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 22, 2012, at 14:27, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>
>> MacPorts wrote:
>>> #34570: perl5.16 - new port
>>> --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
>>> Reporter:  macintosh@…               |       Owner:  macports-tickets@…
>>>     Type:  submission                |      Status:  new
>>>
>>> Comment(by macintosh@…):
>>>
>>> line 42 in _resources/port1.0/group/perl5-1.0.tcl has to be modified to
>>> :[[BR]]
>>> {{{default perl5.branches {"5.8 5.10 5.12 5.14 5.16"} }}}
>>>

>> Ought this to be enough to get macports to genereate the subports of the
>> p5-<something> ports ???
>>
>> I can't get it to work / recognise that the subports for p5.16 has to be
>> generated and recognised :-(
>
> Did you rerun "portindex" from the top of your ports tree after doing that?

wasn't aware of that command, but ...

pro17:MacPorts root# portindex
/macports/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports
Creating port index in
/macports/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports
Adding port databases/mysql51
Adding subport mysql51-server
Adding port www/mod_perl2
Adding port www/mod_security2

Total number of ports parsed:	28
Ports successfully parsed:	28
Ports failed:			0
Up-to-date ports skipped:	14189

That just adds the ports I have in my local repo without adding the
p5.16 sub-ports

:-)
--
Bjarne D Mathiesen