apache2 httpd 2.4.2

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Wed May 23 14:39:29 PDT 2012

On May 23, 2012, at 1:43 PM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>
>> On May 23, 2012, at 11:49 AM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>>
>>> Ryan is of the opnion that we transition _hard_ from 2.2.x to 2.4.x and
>>> don't look back at all.
>>>
>>> Are there any outstanding stuff / ports that will have problems with the
>>> transition from 2.2.x to 2.4.2 before we do so ???
>>
>> Apache2 violates mtree. This may be a good time to finally fix this.
>
> I'm actually very satisfied with the current situation.
> So unless the hive-mind collectively decides otherwise, I'm not going to
> work on implementing this.

It's been brought up before. Something like this upgrade to 2.4 is likely the only time this layout can be improved.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.macports.devel/4462/focus=4468
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.macports.user/7154/focus=7160
There are more examples.

What is the argument for apache2 to continue violating mtree?