[enhancement] proposal - make all ports independent of which version of Perl is installed or the major one

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Fri May 25 08:02:49 PDT 2012

On May 24, 2012, at 4:42 PM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>
>> On May 24, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>>
>>> Now, when I've got that file, how / where do you want it ???
>>
>> Create a MacPorts trac ticket with a nice subject and attach your file to the ticket.
>> I'll watch for the ticket. You can add me "pixilla at macports.org" to the tickets cc field if you like.
>
> DONE !!! :-D
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34617

Great job Bjarne, perfect!

If you look at your patch in Trac, with nice diff highlighting, you will see why a trac diff is preferred :)
https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/34617/patch-perl5.xx.diff

The patch looks reasonable to me. I look forward to hearing what others think.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)