How to fix "broken ports"?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat May 26 05:52:08 PDT 2012

Hi Clemens,

my QT4-based MacPorts installations are now free of broken ports, thanks to Michael and by revbumping strigi and libdmtx.

However, my ancient QT3-based MacPorts installation still shows broken ports which is e.g. due to changes in automoc
---
--->  Found 4 broken file(s), matching files to ports
--->  Found 2 broken port(s):
     automoc @0.9.88
         /opt/local/bin/automoc4
     kmymoney @1.0.5
         /opt/local/bin/kmymoney2
         /opt/local/lib/kde3/kmm_ofximport.so
---
I haven't dealt yet with the kmymoney problem below, but what was a surprise for me was that automoc itself was installed ALTHOUGH its dependency qt4-mac is not installed in this installation.

Could this be due to that the installations are being forced when executing "sudo port rev-update rebuild"?

I figure that it is more or less safe to force rebuilding a port which has all its dependencies installed in a MP installation, but I wonder why it was possible to install automoc in the first place, since qt4-mac is a dependency, but not installed!

What am I missing?

Greets,
Marko