Perl 5.16

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Sun May 27 08:25:17 PDT 2012

Reini Urban wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Bjarne D Mathiesen
> <macintosh at mathiesen.info> wrote:
>> Upgrading to Perl 5.16 is production ready ... at least I'm using it
>> actively ;-)
>
> That means you are not testing it good enough.
> threading in 5.16.0 is pretty broken. I found two major bugs so far
> and on windows it looks worse.
>
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2012/05/msg187161.html
> [perl #113060] Corrupt cx stack in pp_caller threaded

well, 5.16.1 ought to be released on June 20th, but bringing it into the
port tree now makes it possible for us to test it at least.

And mod_perl2 requires both +shared +threads

Personally, I'm not that heavy a Perl user ... I'm only using it as part
of ports that requires it.

:-)
--
Bjarne D Mathiesen