Apache httpd 2.4.x layout

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Mon May 28 16:48:41 PDT 2012

Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> I like the additional level.
>> That makes it possible to have eg:
>>    www
>>      wordpress
>>        htdocs
>>        cgi-bin
>>        mysql
>>        php-cookies
>>        php-upload
>>        etc ... etc
>
> And then have those directories aliased to the single DocumentRoot?
>
> Otherwise you can't as easily "disable" wordpress this way: you have to edit the htaccess to block wordpress instead of deleting the symlink for it.

Nope ... I usually make a <Virtualhost> for htdocs
For mysql I symlink into ${prefix}/var/db/mysql55/. MySQL has no problem
picking that up after a restart or the server. That makes it possible to
re-install MySQL completely without loosing data.
I use the others in the <Virtualhost> container to keep those files out
of the DocumentRoot.

:-)
--
Bjarne D Mathiesen