Support for Tiger (was: Re: What should a port do if 10.4 is not supported any more?)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 29 08:24:05 PDT 2012

On May 29, 2012, at 09:49, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 05/29/12 16:02, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> MacPorts 2.1.1 still works fine on Tiger and up.
>
> At least the selfupdate from 2.0.x to 2.1.x on Tiger is broken according
> to a report on StackOverflow [1].
>
> I never bothered to report it here as we previously considered versions
> of Mac OS X below Leopard as unsupported platforms. Even Leopard itself
> is only supported as a legacy platform per statement on our website.

This was a bug in revupgrade that shipped in MacPorts 2.1.0:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34463

Already fixed and released as MacPorts 2.1.1. Users have had not selfupdated to 2.1.0 should not experience any problems. Tiger users who did already selfupdate to 2.1.0 can re-install the 2.0.3 disk image, which will selfupdate them to 2.1.1.