move port to new category

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Nov 1 13:23:12 PDT 2012

On 11/01/2012 12:50 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> Is it good enough to move a port like so, or is there more to it?
>
> svn mv devel/levmar math/levmar
> port ed math/levmar # change category and revbump
> svn ci devel/levmar math/levmar

That'll work.  Do you need the revbump though?

If I have no other work to commit in my tree, I'll just do 'svn commit'
instead of listing the paths to commit.  In general, listing individual
paths isn't a great idea, since it's a practice that can mess up
merging, where the svn:mergeinfo property is changed on the root
directory of a trunk or branch.

Blair