difficulties with MythTV on a MacMini1.1

David Osguthorpe david.osguthorpe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 07:59:48 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 08:10:21AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> > :info:build filter_yadif.c:380: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
> > :info:build filter_yadif.c:380: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
> > :info:build make[2]: *** [filter_yadif.o] Error 1
>
> You should report this problem to the developers of mythtv so they can fix it.
>
> A solution might be to tell mythtv to not use assembly code. I'm not sure what configure arguments might need to be added to do that.

strictly this section is actually part of ffmpeg (yadif is a deinterlacing filter)
- the MythTV distribution has a download of ffmpeg inside it (see external directory in git)
which contains some mythTV specific patches - hence why it cannot use ffmpeg as an external
library - these dont affect the yadif component

David