[Kde-pim] How to reference to kde api in qt creator

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Wed Nov 7 10:08:17 PST 2012

Qt 4.8.3's configure script contains the following, which is purely
internal and cannot be controlled by arguments from outside:

{{{
# auto-detect -fvisibility support
if [ "$CFG_REDUCE_EXPORTS" = "auto" ]; then
    if "$unixtests/fvisibility.test" "$TEST_COMPILER" "$OPT_VERBOSE";
then
       CFG_REDUCE_EXPORTS=no
    else
       CFG_REDUCE_EXPORTS=yes
    fi
fi
}}}

On 10.8 using clang, I see in the log file when configuring qt4-mac:
"Symbol visibility control enabled."  So, at least with my qt4-mac
build, "-fvisibility" is being supported internally by Qt.  I know
nothing else about it beyond this.  Maybe this help? - MLD