request to update CLHEP (bugfix preventing Geant4 to find the library)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 19:52:21 PST 2012

Hello,

I would like to request an update of CLHEP:
    http://trac.macports.org/ticket/36866

I'm working on Geant4 9.5 and Gate 6.2 port, but Geant4 9.5/Gate
cannot be installed unless an installation bug in CLHEP is fixed.
Namely, /opt/local/lib/libCLHEP.dylib doesn't get installed into
DESTROOT with the old version, so Gate doesn't find the library.

I only submitted the patch recently, but the port maintainer didn't
respond to the bug report for six days and the same situation happened
with the previous version (http://trac.macports.org/ticket/36009).

Thank you,
    Mojca

PS: another story is that Geant4 9.5 might not be tested against the
latest CLHEP, but CLHEP doesn't change dramatically