Java Open Source software in MacPorts?

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Fri Nov 16 11:14:14 PST 2012

I'm considering updating the 'mpich' portfile to version 3.0rc1; this is
currently available as 'mpich3.'

Background: The upstream project has changed naming conventions; they
previously had mpich (now at 1.2.7p1) and mpich2 (at 1.5). With the
implementation of the MPI-3 standard (mpich2 was MPI-2, etc.) they've gone
back to the mpich name, and they've requested that our (my) mpich3 port
replace the (nomaintainer) mpich port for consistency.

There are no ports that currently depend on 'mpich' .. any other concerns
with making this change (and setting a replaced_by in mpich3 for the next
year before pruning it?)

Thanks,
 Eric