Livecheck and the github port group

Sean Farley sean.michael.farley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 10:31:52 PST 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Adam Mercer <ram at macports.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to get the py-matplotlib port updated to the 1.2.0 version
> and as they have moved development over to github I'm trying to use
> the github port group to make things easier.
>
> So far everything seems to be working fine apart from the livecheck.
> Tags for the release candiate versions are getting returned as newer
> versions, i.e. version 1.2.0 is the lastest stable release but
> livecheck thinks that 1.2.0rc3 is a newer release.
>
> I have the following:
>
> github.setup       matplotlib matplotlib 1.2.0 v
>
> and then the following exception for the subports:
>
> if {${name} != ${subport}} {
>   livecheck.type     none
> }

I never understood why livecheck shouldn't be checked for py2x-* and
only for py-*. Personally, I leave that 'if' block out.

> however when I run livecheck I get told:
>
> [ram at cizin py-matplotlib]$ port livecheck
> py-matplotlib seems to have been updated (port version: 1.2.0, new
> version: 1.2.0rc3)
> [ram at cizin py-matplotlib]$
>
> I imagine I need to use a custom livecheck but am not very comfortable
> with regular expressions so I don't know how to modify the livecheck,
> as supplied by the port group, to ignore release candidates. Can
> anyone offer any suggestions?

This is another example of the internal macports comparison code not
recognizing release candidates. Is there any reason to not fix that
(backwards compatibility?)? To answer your question about the regex,
you could simply have this at the bottom of the portfile,

livecheck.regex archive/v(\[^"rc\]+).zip