Livecheck and the github port group

Sean Farley sean.michael.farley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 12:35:15 PST 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2012, at 12:31, Sean Farley <sean.michael.farley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is another example of the internal macports comparison code not
>> recognizing release candidates. Is there any reason to not fix that
>> (backwards compatibility?)?
>
> How do you propose to fix it? I assume we're talking about making changes to the vercmp procedure, but what changes exactly?

Basically, I was thinking of following the algorithm described for
parse_version:

http://packages.python.org/distribute/pkg_resources.html#parsing-utilities

This would fix so many wrong version comparisons that are due to
'1.0-rc', '3.0-1', etc. ... but I usually try to avoid the deep
internals of macports since it's all in tcl :-P