How to make "sudo port install" run a post-activate script with only user permission?

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu Oct 4 08:31:19 PDT 2012

On Oct 4, 2012, at 8:25 AM, MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2012, at 5:13 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> It would be appropriate to install LaunchAgents and scripts to help current and future users of the system configure the software and env for proper function.
>
> OK, so, why don't we just try to create a new port for this project?
> (Especially for all KDE4-related ports we'd really need such a tool.)
>
> So, the question is, how would one implement such a agent now.

Maybe I missed something, what problem are we trying to solve?

You could have a script that checks and sets the env and application properties for a user and have a LaunchAgent execute that script on login. I'm pretty sure launchd has some form of a "run once at login" keyword.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)