Ignore buildbot warnings?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 4 12:18:18 PDT 2012

On Oct 4, 2012, at 08:13, MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:

> Buildbot tells me for the new port csvdb :
> ---
> libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /opt/local/lib'
> libtool: install: warning: `libcsvdb.la' has not been installed in `/opt/local/lib'
> ---
>
> Locally I get this:
> ---
> $ port contents csvdb | grep libcsvdb.a
> /opt/local/lib/libcsvdb.a
> ---
>
> So, it looks like I can ignore the latter warning again!?

I think you'll find most every port install (that includes a libtool-made library), on every system, will produce the message "foo.la has not been installed in ${prefix}/lib". At destroot time, that message is accurate: we've installed the library in ${destroot}${prefix}/lib. The message is telling us that the library will not work unless it is in ${prefix}/lib. It's not a problem because at activate time that's exactly where we'll copy it to.