KMyMoney4 +no_gtk +no_x11 fails because gtk is installed anyway and more...

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Thu Oct 4 16:42:33 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 08:37:02AM +1000, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2012-10-5 08:18 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > But at that point, does anything speak against just making pango/cairo/gtk2 always install both quartz and x11 parts and just get rid of the variants? Is that even possible?
>
> I believe gtk2 can't do this. The ability was added in gtk3. Cairo is
> able to have both variants set at once.

Worse, with gtk2 the x11 and quartz variants aren't binary-compatible;
one installs libgtk-x11 and the other installs libgtk-quartz. Dependent
ports need to link against one or the other, so we're looking at
requiring everything that depends on gtk2 to have -quartz and -x11
subports.

At least, I'm assuming they're really not binary-compatible; I guess
I don't actually know what would happen if we gave the libraries the
same name...

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/