[MacPorts] howto/PatchLocal modified

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Fri Oct 5 05:39:35 PDT 2012

On Oct 5, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
> We should avoid documenting the same things at multiple places (as we
> experienced with our installation instructions as they are now shattered
> across the wiki, the website and the guide in different versions). For
+1

> I have no preference whether this topic should be covered in the guide
> or in the wiki. However, there should be a single place where users
> interested in this topic find a tutorial.
+1

I think the howto should rather be deleted from the wiki because of the obvious flaws Rainer mentions.

Instead one could update the Guide, if that's at all needed, since in principle all info is in there already!

Since I've always been for keeping the Guide up to date, I am willing to cooperate with the author to introduce a little tutorial into it - if that's advisable.