[98411] trunk/dports/python

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 5 13:44:58 PDT 2012

On Oct 5, 2012, at 13:33, Leo Singer wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2012, at 10:06 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Usually we want the opposite: the livecheck enabled on the main port only, and disabled on the subports.
>
> Thanks. Fixed in r98437. Is it possible/advisable to have the Python portgroup do that automatically?

Yes I believe it is possible and advisable. It's on my to-do list to do it to the php-1.1 portgroup where we can try it out before bringing it to the python-1.0 portgroup. Many python-1.0 ports already do this manually, whereas there were no php-1.1 ports doing so until a few days ago, making the php-1.1 ports an easier place to prove the technique.