gearmand package too much outdated

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 6 00:38:41 PDT 2012

On Oct 6, 2012, at 02:35, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2012, at 23:54, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) wrote:
>
>> can someone please update the gearmand package ? it's too much outdated. current stable release is 1.1.1 where the macports version is 0.34.
>
> Usually you should file a ticket in the issue tracker if you need a port updated. But the port is openmaintainer so I'll see what I can do.

According to the gearmand web site, the stable branch is 1.0. Version 0.39 is the latest release from the 1.0 branch so I'll update the port to that version.

The development branch is 1.2. Version 1.1.1 is the latest release from the 1.2 branch. If you require this version, then we should create a new gearmand-devel port for it.