buildbot: ./configure: line 27: /dev/null: Permission denied

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sun Oct 7 15:21:10 PDT 2012

> c means its a character device.  'd' is there for directory, 'l' for symlink, 'b' for block device:
>
> $ ls -l /dev/disk0
> brw-r----- 1 root operator 14, 0 Oct  1 00:45 /dev/disk0

Ah, so "c" will not give it into being clobbered.

And Josh, the parent dir doesn't allow nuking the file:
dr-xr-xr-x   3 root  wheel      5158 Oct  4 19:17 dev

Do we have a stray case where MacPorts not dropping privileges?
Does /dev/null still get deleted when run as a normal user instead of root/macports?