apr binary package misconfigured?

Titus von Boxberg titus at v9g.de
Mon Oct 15 05:16:39 PDT 2012

Am 15.10.2012 13:47, schrieb Ryan Schmidt:

> On Oct 15, 2012, at 06:45, Blair Zajac wrote:
>
>> On 10/15/2012 02:36 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>>
>>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-October/020636.html
>>>
>>> In this case, the package with the compiler baked in is apr.
>>>
>>> To work around the problem, you could rebuild apr on your machine.
>>>
>>> sudo port -ns upgrade --force apr
>>>
>>> Then clean serf1 before trying again.
>>>
>>> sudo port clean serf1
>>
>> A good reason for MacPorts to have a ${prefix}/bin/cc that is a symlink to the system's compiler.
>
> I agree generally with what jmr wrote earlier: any port not respecting the value of configure.compiler should be made to do so. That will solve the problem.
Would that solve the apr issue?

I thought that the problem was caused by the buildbot
having installed an older Xcode than my computer.

When I run port -v configure apr on my machine it says
"checking how to run the C preprocessor... /usr/bin/clang -E"

So apr does seem to respect the value of configure.compiler?

Regards
Titus