apr binary package misconfigured?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 15 07:16:27 PDT 2012

On Oct 15, 2012, at 09:09, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> Have we decided on which approach we want to take for this (in what I think is decreasing order of likelihood)?
>
> - We can change the compiler on activate, but that still can break if the user upgrades xcode at some point while it's installed

If we do this it might make sense to make a portgroup of it, since I can think of several ports that will need it.

> - We could provide our own cc/ld/whatever as scripts that always point to the 'correct' compiler

How should we communicate the correct compiler to that script? And/or would we need separate scripts for each kind of compiler?

> - we could provide our own cc/ld/whatever that might also fix other issues (ie, that won't link with thinks in /usr/local)

I thought we didn't know how to make cc/ld/whatever not link with things in /usr/local? We've always said if we knew how to do that we'd do it.